Someone once called breast milk “liquid gold”. And none denied it later.
Breast milk is undoubtedly the best nutrition that you can offer to your newborn. Therefore It’s miraculous to see your baby thrive on your breast milk alone for the first 6 months. Th ere are innumerable health benefits that one receives from the goodness of breastmilk. There may be times when we mothers feel tempted to believe those women who suggest formula feeding is easier to just as good. Or you may worry, that you’re not the type of mother who would succeed in breastfeeding. Yet when you consider how breastfeeding benefits your baby, you will find the strength to overcome any obstacle obstructing your breastfeeding journey. Hence, we should always breastfeed exclusively for 6 months to boost the child’s immunity and protect them from illnesses and infections.
They say, what’s good for the baby is also good for the mothers, when mothers follow the nature’s lead, their own bodies benefits keeping them emotionally and physically intact.
Not just that, breastfeeding strengthens the special bond between the mother and child and promotes a healthy and happy living. That’s why it’s termed as “Nature’s best food”. Let’s spread this to more women and help them take informed decisions.
1. Always know it is your journey – We women tend to follow what our friends suggest but we advise, let this be your own journey. You decide for yourself if you are up for breastfeeding your baby. The want, the emotion, the fulfilment must come from within. Many would guide you to club it with top feed once a day but this must be on your idea. If your supply is enough and you are not bounded by obligatory routines, breastfeeding is wonderful for you.
2. It’s not the easy way out– Breastfeeding your baby is like a battle for some dealing with supply issues. Yet we support moms who try very hard and battle against all odds. Don’t give up in the middle of the journey. You have to win it. Nothing in life was ever easy.
3. Do not shy away in public– Don’t find options to fill your baby’s hun only because you are in public. Access every nook and corner to comfort your child and feed him. The mother must first care about her baby. Your idea of breastfeeding in public can change people and make them more supportive for this cause.
4. The most special bond of love- There’s no pure love than of a mom and her baby. Let this love grow. These months give you the joy of the whole process of birthing, giving a life and nurturing a little one. Feel every bit of it in every moment you spend closely.
5. Touch therapy- An unbelievably beautiful touch therapy and healing is “Breastfeeding”. When your child feeds, he/she identifies the mother’s touch, temperature, reflexes and tries to communicate by rubbing in his cheeks with your skin. Give immense space for this sensation to come alive.