Infertility has been one of the most challenging situations a couple usually faces. Due to rising health concerns and harmful lifestyle habits our body fails to support our fertility. But, if you are going through the same, don’t be heartbroken, you are not alone in this journey. Before concluding the idea that you cannot be a mother, you need to know a few things. Many couples out there who are struggling through the same situation sought family support just like you do.
The first and foremost approach is to seek support from your partner. Ensure your spouse is there for you mentally and emotionally. However, there are a few other things that you must learn to accept. Let’s check them out:
- Acceptance: Acceptance is the key. Remember, blaming is not a solution. Accept the thing as a couple and face the consequences together. Infertility and impotency is not end of life.
- Proper communication: Communicate to your partner to confess your feelings. Don’t keep the things confined within you. Many women end up in anxiety and depression if you don’t communicate their feelings after being diagnosed with impotency and infertility.
- Respect the feelings of your spouse: You and your partner may react to the same thing differently. It’s not always that your partner will feel the same way. Take time away, go for a vacation, talk and have clarity on what the future holds for you.
- Dealing with multiple emotions: Frustration, anxiety, depression, and grief are a part of it. It would be best if you accept that these emotions are normal. Find yourself a hobby, job taht keeps you occupied and invest your time in things that make you happy.
- Counselling: Counselling is an excellent option for couples facing infertility issues and impotency problems. Counselling or therapy is not a bad thing. If your family isn’t supportive, you and spouse can decide it out. If both of you find it challenging to overcome this heartbreaking situation, there is no better option than counselling.
- Look for alternatives: Not having a baby is not the end of everything. However, if you are keen on expanding your family, science is the answer. Your dream of becoming a parent can be true now. With advancements in technology, it has become easier for couples to have a family. Options like adoption or in vitro fertilization (IVF), or surrogacy are always there to welcome you. Once you make up your mind, you can start your procedure today.
Becoming a parent is not a very far fetched thing in today’s day and age. Talk to your counsellor and whichever alternatives satisfy you the most as a couple, don’t wait to start your family.